Marketing is the hub for the exchange offerings of value between customers, clients, partners, and society at large through the promotion and advertisement of products and services.
The Scheller College of Business offers a Certificate in Marketing to both Business Administration and non-Business Administration majors. To qualify for the Marketing Certificate, students must earn at least a "C" in MGT 3300 and must earn a "B" average in MGT 3310 and the three electives.
Both courses are required. Prerequisites are listed in parentheses. Prerequisites will not be waived.MGT 3300 - Marketing Management
MGT 3310 - Marketing Research: Design & Analysis (MGT 2250 and MGT 3300)
Select at least three courses. Prerequisites are listed in parentheses. Prerequisites will not be waived.
- MGT 3325 - Product Planning (MGT 3300)
- MGT 3312 - Pricing Strategy and Analytics
- MGT 3313 - Social Media Marketing
- MGT 4303 - Personal Selling & Sales Management
- MGT 4304 - Strategic Brand Management (MGT 3300)
- MGT 4305 - Business-to-Business Marketing
- MGT 4307 - Strategic Marketing
- MGT 4308** - Advertising and Promotions (MGT 3300)
- MGT 4309** - Services Marketing (MGT 3300)
- MGT 4311** - Digital Marketing (MGT 3300)
- MGT 4331- Consumer Behavior (MGT 3300)
- MGT 4332** - Database & Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Strategy
- MGT 4335 - International Marketing
- MGT 4345 - Marketing Practicum (MGT 3300)
- MGT 4803 - Advanced Topics in Marketing
- MGT 4803 - Designing for Shared Value
- MGT 4803 - Sales Marketing
- MGT 4803 - ST: Marketing Research: Tools and Design (MGT 3300)
- MGT 4803 - Sustainable Marketing
- MGT 4803 - Understanding Markets with Data Science (MGT 2250)
- MGT 4910 - Independent Research
*Any elective course taught by Marketing faculty will count toward the Marketing Certificate. Up to six credit hours of special topics (MGT 4803) courses can count toward any one certificate.
**MGT 4308 (Previously taught as MGT 4803 Advertising and Promotions). No credit is allowed for both MGT 4308 and MGT 4803 - Advertising and Promotions.
MGT 4309 (Previously taught as MGT 4803 Services Marketing). No credit is allowed for both MGT 4309 and MGT 4803 - Services Marketing.
MGT 4332 - Database and CRM Strategy. Previously taught as MGT 4803 - Databases and CRM. No credit is allowed for both MGT 4332 and MGT 4803 - Database and CRM. MGT 4311 previously taught as MGT 4803 - Digital Marketing. No credit is allowed for both.