Today, businesses, consumers, and societies leave behind massive amounts of data as a by-product of their activities. Leading-edge companies in every industry are using business analytics to analyze data and replacing intuition and guesswork in their decision-making with analytical insights.
The objective of the undergraduate Business Analytics Certificate is to prepare students to structure, transform, and analyze data to gain insights that will improve business intelligence and managerial decision-making. The certificate provides training in statistics, data analysis, management and visualization, as well as in applications of analytics techniques to different business areas.
This course is required. Prerequisites are listed in parentheses. Prerequisites will not be waived.
- MGT 4050 - Business Analytics (MGT 2250 or acceptable substitute)
Select at least 3 courses. Prerequisites are listed in parentheses. Prerequisites will not be waived.
Please check the course catalog on OSCAR while planning your schedule. Many of these courses require prerequisites that will not be waived. However, there are several allowed substitutions for MGT 2250 as a prerequisite for MGT 4181, including: BMED 2400, BIOL 4401, ECON 2250, ISyE 2028 *and* ISyE 2027, ISyE 3770, MATH 3215, MATH 3225, MATH 3770 *or* MATH 3670, PSYC 2020, and PUPB 3120 (was PUBP 4113). For MGT 2251 as a prerequisite for MGT 4367, ISyE 4133 is an allowed substitution.
- MGT 3310 - Marketing Research: Design & Analysis (MGT 3300)
- MGT 3312 - Pricing Strategy and Analytics
- MGT 3745 - Business Programming (MGT 2210)
- MGT 4057 - Business Process Analysis & Design (MGT 2210)
- MGT 4058 - Database Management Systems (MGT 2210)
- MGT 4181 - Business Forecasting (MGT 2250)
- MGT 4332 - Database & CRM Strategy (MGT 3300)
- MGT 4367 - Revenue Analytics (MGT 2255)
- MGT 4655 - Business Data Preparation and Visualization (MGT 2250)
- MGT 4726 - Privacy, Technology Policy and Law
- MGT 4803 - Data Visualization-Business (MGT 2250)
- MGT 4803 - Business Analytics II (MGT 4050)
- MGT 4803 - Machine Learning for Business (MGT 4050)
- MGT 4803 - Business Analytics Practicum (3rd year+ standing, by permit only)
- MGT 4803 - Understanding Markets with Data Science (MGT 2250)
- MGT 4803 - Social & Digital Analytics (MGT 2250)
- CS 4460 - Information Visualization (CS 1332)