Today, businesses, consumers, and societies leave behind massive amounts of data as a by-product of their activities. Leading-edge companies in every industry are using business analytics to analyze data and replace intuition and guesswork in their decision-making with analytical insights.
The objective of the undergraduate Business Analytics Certificate is to prepare students to structure, transform, and analyze data to gain insights that will improve business intelligence and managerial decision-making. The certificate provides training in statistics, data analysis, management, and visualization, as well as in applications of analytics techniques to different business areas.
Students may receive a Certificate in Business Analytics by earning a grade of C or higher. The courses must be taken on a letter-grade basis. Prerequisites are listed in parentheses and will not be waived. BSBA students may use one course from their BSBA concentration towards the certificate if applicable.
MGT 2250 approved substitutions include: BMED 2400, BIOL 4401, ECON 2250, ISyE 3030 and ISyE 2027, ISyE 3770, MATH 3215, MATH 3225, MATH 3670, PSYC 2020, PUBP 3120.
- MGT 4050 - Business Analytics (MGT 2250 or acceptable substitute)
Select at least 3 courses.
- MGT 3310 - Marketing Research: Design & Analysis (MGT 3300)
- MGT 3745 - Business Programming (CS 1301 or CS 1315 or CS 1331 or CS 1371)
- MGT 4057 - Business Process Analysis & Design (MGT 2210)
- MGT 4058 - Database Management Systems (MGT 2210)
- MGT 4367 - Revenue Analytics (MGT 2255)
- MGT 4655 - Business Data Preparation and Visualization (Previously taught as MGT 4803 Data Visualization-Business) (MGT 2250)
- MGT 4726 - Privacy, Technology Policy and Law
- MGT 4803 - Business Analytics II (MGT 4050)
- MGT 4803 - Machine Learning for Business (MGT 4050)
- MGT 4803 - Business Analytics Practicum (3rd year+ standing, by permit only)
- MGT 4803 - Understanding Markets with Data Science (MGT 2250)
- CS 4460 - Information Visualization (CS 1332)