The Scheller College of Business certificates are open to all undergraduate degree-seeking students at Georgia Tech. Certificates provide advanced coursework and a deeper understanding and knowledge of a specific business area. By adding a certificate, students can enhance their skillset and improve their marketability in the business world.
Business Students Information
- Business students can discuss their interest in a certificate by scheduling an academic advising appointment with their advisor.
- Business students may use only one course to fulfill a concentration requirement and to fulfill a requirement for a certificate. For example, the International Marketing class can be used toward both the Marketing concentration and the International Management Certificate.
- Business students may not earn a certificate and a concentration in the same area.
- Business certificates do not appear in degreeworks.
- Denning Technology & Management students may not use any minor courses toward any certificate at Georgia Tech, including Business certificates.
- Please apply for the certificate at least two weeks prior to graduating. After degrees are awarded, your transcript will be reviewed by our team, and your certificate will be mailed 4 - 6 weeks after degrees are conferred.
Non-Business Students Information
- Non-business students need to register when they begin the certificate to be able to access academic advising. By registering for the certificate, you are not committed to complete a certificate, but you will receive the most up to date information about courses and opportunities available to students.
- Students should meet with their major academic advisor to discuss how a certificate will fit in their academic plan.
- We recommend all non-business majors who wish to pursue a certificate have a minimum of 2 - 3 semesters remaining to ensure enough time to complete the requirements.
- Certificate advising for non-business majors is available through AdvisorLink a week after registering for the certificate. Business Certificate questions can be directed to Beatriz Rodriguez at email@example.com.
- The Undergraduate Program Office does not give permits.
- Seeking a certificate does not allow you to register for business classes before the major restrictions are lifted.
- Please apply for the certificate two weeks prior to graduating. Your transcript will be reviewed and your certificate mailed 4 - 6 weeks after degrees are conferred. Please make sure the address you use on your application is correct. This is where the certificate will be mailed.