Marketing involves understanding markets, targeting attractive segments, and winning by delivering superior products, services, and solutions. Marketing is about the creation of value for customers, partners, and society at large. Successful marketing requires the ability to understand customer needs, identify attractive market segments, communicate effectively with those segments, and deliver superior products, services, and solutions.
The Marketing area at Scheller prepares students to thrive in today’s marketing landscape by providing them with knowledge that is both timely and timeless. Our curriculum combines rigorous exposure to marketing fundamentals with cutting-edge applications of emerging trends and innovations. Two unique emphases of our program are marketing of technology goods and services, and marketing applications of modern technologies. Our faculty include thought leaders, researchers, and industry veterans with expertise spanning the marketing discipline.
Marketing faculty members publish cutting-edge research in top journals such as the Journal of Marketing, Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Consumer Research, and Management Science.
Current Areas of Research
- Brand equity and brand trust
- Branding and consumer-brand relationships
- B2B marketing, customer solutions, and sales management
- Consumer decision making
- International marketing
- Market orientation, marketing doctrine and marketing processes
- Marketing and sustainability
- Media markets
- Social networks
- Sensory marketing
Recent Student Placements
- Myoung-Jin Chae (2018) – Lingnan University
- Zoey Chen (2015) – University of Miami
- Michael Hair (2016) – Southern Illinois University - Edwardsville
- Cheng He (2020) – University of Wisconsin
- Stephen He (2013) – Manhattan College
- Dionne Nickerson (2019) – University of Indiana
- Iman Paul (2019) – Clarkson University
- Daniel Sheehan (2016) – University of Kentucky