- Completion of the Highlands Ability Battery (HAB) Assessment, an online assessment that helps individuals understand their natural abilities and use this knowledge to develop goals to take their leadership to the next level.
- Completion and use of a Personalized Leadership Development Plan (PLDP), a personalized and living document in which students develop goals and strategies for impactful leadership.
- Completion of three executive leadership coaching sessions conducted by Cynthia Lynch, a certified leadership coach, and other qualified coaches.
- Completion of four short assignments including a career-to-date summary, a career exploration exercise, an effective team process assignment based on team interaction, and a team-building reflection assignment focused on initial team-building activities offered during immersion week.
- Completion of five open-ended reflection papers, topics of which can come from coursework, guest speakers, class international trips, capstone projects, or participation in co-curricular offerings/opportunities including sustainability, innovation, entrepreneurship, Women in Technology (WIT), DE&I initiatives, and the student ambassador program.
Executive MBA Leadership Development
Cultivating Leadership For a Tech-Driven Age
The Executive MBA Leadership Academy is designed to develop transformative leaders. Participation in the Academy is open to all Executive MBA students and includes skills assessments, executive coaching, leadership-focused assignments and reflections, and creation of a Personalized Leadership Development Plan (PLDP) to guide students in becoming exceptional leaders for their respective organizations and communities. Students earn a certificate of completion upon satisfying Academy requirements.
“The Leadership Academy has been a learning experience that will help me grow as a leader and an individual. It has provided me with invaluable lessons that I can carry with me and apply to my career, no matter how far I progress. ”
– Lauren Bateman
Executive MBA '23 Sr. Financial Analyst, FedEx
Leadership Academy Components
Students complete the following Leadership Academy requirements over the course of the 17-month Executive MBA program.
“To me, the Leadership Academy means a valuable conduit of exposure, coaching, and access that helps keep me focused on my career. I’ve gained invaluable recommendations through live interactive sessions, personal executive coaching, and frameworks.”
– Daniel Hartwig
Executive MBA '23 Director, Reflex Media Inc.