- April 23 - 25, 2024
- September 17 - 19, 2024
- 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. ET
Entrepreneurship for Non-Venture-Backed Startups
Build your business without the backing of venture capital.
As an entrepreneur, there are many opportunities and challenges you face when building a business without funding. Georgia Tech recognizes those unique situations and has created programs like CREATE-X, VentureLab, and ATDC, to help emerging entrepreneurs. The Scheller College of Business also recognizes those scenarios and offers an Entrepreneurship for Non-Venture-Backed Startups course to teach you the functional areas of business and how to scale your startup without venture capital.
Course at a Glance
Entrepreneurship for Non-Venture-Backed Startups is a three-day course designed to empower entrepreneurs with the tools and strategies to create sustainable business growth without venture capital. The class dives deep into the skills surrounding the entrepreneurial process, including opportunity recognition, concept development, business plans, resource acquisition, and value creation.
Dates and Time
- On-campus, virtual, or hybrid
- Cost: $2,495 Total
- Registration deadline:
- April class: March 25, 2024
- September class: August 19, 2024
More About Entrepreneurship for Non-Venture-Backed Startups
Pursue your passion and learn how to develop a viable business strategy for your startup. After completing the program, you'll have the ability to create and recognize compelling opportunities, assume risk, and attract the resources to transform opportunities into value. Key topics include:
- Idea Generation and Validation: Develop techniques for generating and evaluating business ideas to ensure they are viable and have market potential.
- Business Planning: Create a comprehensive business plan that outlines your startup’s vision, mission, goals, target market, competitive analysis, and financial projections.
- Market Research and Customer Validation: Conduct thorough market research to understand your target audience and validate your product or service with potential customers.
- Financial Risk Management: Learn about budgeting, financial forecasting, and managing cash flow to ensure the financial sustainability of your startup, and identify potential risks and challenges that may arise during your entrepreneurial journey and develop strategies to mitigate them.
- Measuring Success and Growth Strategies: Define key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics to track the progress and success of your startup. Explore strategies for scaling your startup and achieving sustainable growth.
- Entrepreneurs looking to launch or grow a startup without venture capital.
- Innovators with ideas who want to turn them into reality.
Spring 2024 Cohort
- Registration deadline: March 25, 2024
- Session starts: April 23, 2024
- Cost: $2,495
Fall 2024 Cohort
- Registration deadline: August 19, 2024
- Session starts: September 17, 2024
- Cost: $2,495
Thank you for your interest in the course.