Expressing our love and gratitude for each other through gift-giving is a long-standing tradition regardless of where we come from. In the western world, the major gift-giving season is underway and many of us are trying to think up the perfect item for friends and family. As you are making your selections this very unusual holiday season we at the Institute for Leadership and Social Impact put together a list of unique gift suggestions that will not only delight your recipients but also have a positive social impact. Here are some of our choices for items with an impact featuring products that support the work of our non-profit community partners, and highlight young alumni – social innovators in their own right. This is just a start – please send us your favorite gifts-with-impact suggestions and we will gladly include them here.
Let the meaningful gift-giving begin!
- Check out alumna and social entrepreneur, Archel Bernard’s beautiful products that support women in Liberia: https://www.shopbombchel.com/collections/all
- A twist on cookies from Center for Civic Innovation Fellow, Akkissi Stokes, founder of WunderGrubs: https://www.wundergrubs.com/dreams.html
- A gift for that person who already has everything? Scheller Alumna, Megan Fechter, owner of Painted Parcels has you covered: https://www.paintedparcels.com/
- Children’s book that supports GT’s Rise Up and Care project in Brazil: https://www.scoutheroes.com/
- Are matters of Global Water and Sanitation important to you? Check-out our own Jasmine Burton’s Wish for WASH initiatives: http://www.wishforwashthinks.org/shop/
- There is myriad of ways you can support our Atlanta entrepreneurs doing good with a purchase from our community partner’s website Plywood People: https://www.plywoodpeople.com/shop
The Institute for Leadership and Social Impact is an interdisciplinary institute that promotes servant leadership and organizational practices that contribute to a more just, caring, and equitable world. Learn more about our work!