Sophomore Focus are required group advising sessions for Scheller sophomores.
Students required to attend will recieve an email from the Scheller Undergraduate Program. Registration for a Sophomore Focus session (dates listed below) is through this e-mail. While many sessions will be offered in fall 2014, sessions will disappear from the registration page once they are filled with 12 students.
All Scheller students who started at Georgia Tech in summer or fall 2013 and are declared Business Administration majors are required to attend a Sophomore Focus meeting by October 1, 2014. Eligible students will receive an email inviting them to sign-up for a session. Invited students who do not attend will have a registration hold placed on their accounts on October 2. This hold will restrict spring 2015 course registration.
Each session will include just 12 CoB sophomores, one CoB staff member, and one or two upperclassmen CoB peer advisors so it is more conversational and there is time to respond to each student’s unique path, questions and concerns. Our main goal is to help students make informed decisions about their academic plan, their concentration and their career path.
Discussion during the session will cover:
- Tips from CoB upperclassmen about academic and career path planning and how to succeed in upper-level CoB classes
- Where to schedule internships, study abroad, co-op and/or research with faculty into the academic plan
- The best and quickest ways to find one or more internships
- The sequencing of CoB classes so students don’t get off-track for graduation
- How to select a CoB concentration
- The types of involvement, activities and leadership roles that are most attractive to employers and graduate schools
- Important deadlines and opportunities to consider
2014 Sophomore Focus Meeting Dates
(invited students must choose one)
|Monday||September 15, 2014||5:05 p.m.||Undergrad Office, Suite 322|
|Tuesday||September 16, 2014||11:05 a.m.||Undergrad Office, Suite 322|
|Wednesday||September 17, 2014||6:05 p.m.||Undergrad Office, Suite 322|
|Thursday||September 18, 2014||11:05 a.m.||Undergrad Office, Suite 322|
|Monday||September 22, 2014||6:05 p.m.||Undergrad Office, Suite 322|
|Tuesday||September 23, 2014||11:05 a.m.||Undergrad Office, Suite 322|
|Wednesday||September 24, 2014||5:05 p.m.||Undergrad Office, Suite 322|
|Thursday||September 25, 2013||11:05 a.m.||Undergrad Office, Suite 322|
|Monday||September 29, 2014||5:05 p.m.||Undergrad Office, Suite 322|
|Tuesday||September 30, 2014||11:05 a.m.||Undergrad Office, Suite 322|
|Wednesday||October 1, 2014||5:05 p.m.||Undergrad Office, Suite 322|