The John R. Battle Award for Student Excellence recognizes an outstanding graduating Scheller College senior who demonstrates the highest scholastic achievement and a history of involvement in campus and community.
The award is funded by Lewis A. Patterson, IM 1968, CEO of BPU Associates LLC, and past member of the Scheller College Advisory Board, in memory of John R. Battle, who made it financially possible for Mr. Patterson to attend Georgia Tech. The late Mr. Battle graduated from Cornell University with a degree in Chemical Engineering, and served as Vice President for The Dow Chemical Company.
Deadline: February 22, 2016 at 4 p.m.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A current Georgia Tech undergraduate College of Business student
- Any business concentration
- 3.5 or higher cumulative GPA
- Senior (90+ earned credit hours including AP, IB and transfer credit) at time of application process.
- Holds leadership roles on campus
- Excellent history of involvement and service to Georgia Tech and the community
There are two steps to apply:
- Complete and submit the scholarship application form below by 4 p.m. on Monday, February 22, 2016.
- Submit the following two documents via email to u by 4 p.m. on Monday, February 22, 2016. Please name all your documents with your first and last name. For instance, your resume would be “John Doe Resume”; your personal statement would be “John Doe Statement.”
- a resume detailing extracurricular activities, leadership and work experience
- a personal statement not exceeding 500 words describing your academic achievements, leadership contributions to Georgia Tech and the community, and work experience during your undergraduate career at Georgia Tech.