2016 TIGER Innovation Conference: Solutions in Healthcare brought together professionals from law, business, and medicine to discuss innovative solutions in healthcare and the current trends in the commercialization of healthcare technology. The conference provided a forum to share current business practices, discuss the legal and economic challenges, and showcase new technology from the TI:GER teams.
- Vaughn Kauffman, Principal, PricewaterhouseCoopers Health Industries Advisory, Cleveland, OH
- Cory Anderson, VP Business Development, Innovation Factory, Alpharetta, GA
- Chris Coburn, VP Innovation, Partners Healthcare, Boston, MA
- Jack Tillman, Associate VP Corp Development, Emory University
- Tiffany Wilson, Executive Director, Global Center for Medical Innovation, Atlanta, GA
- Tina McKeon 96L, Partner, Kilpatrick Townsend, Atlanta, GA
- Scott Petty, Partner, King & Spalding, Atlanta, GA
- Liza Vertinsky, Professor of Law, PhD Economics, Emory Law
- Bernie Zidar 98L, Chief IP Counsel, McKesson Technologies, Atlanta, GA
This groundbreaking conference was coordinated by Nicole Morris, IP attorney, Emory Law professor of practice, and TI:GER program director.
Technological Innovation: Generating Economic Results, or TI:GER®, is a collaboration between Emory Law and Georgia Institute of Technology that brings together graduate students in law, business, science, and engineering to work on start-up projects. The goal: transform highly promising research into economically viable products.