The Technological Innovation: Generating Economic Results (TI:GER®) program is a unique approach to preparing students for the challenges of commercializing new technologies and delivering innovative products to the marketplace.
TI:GER combines classroom instruction, team-based activities, and real world consulting projects into a total educational experience. Whether the student's objective is to work in a university, a new venture, or a corporate setting, TI:GER participants address the multidisciplinary issues that are a part of technology commercialization.
Program funding is provided by a variety of sources including the Alan and Mildred Peterson Foundation, the Hal and John Smith Chair in Entrepreneurship, and others.
2017 TI:GER Program Application Deadline Dates:
MBA - Priority - March 24, Final - April 28
Our connections to global business and startup communities give you access to a unique experiential learning opportunity that will broaden your scope of learning, hone leadership skills, and provide access to business and legal mentors.Learn More
TI:GER is a nationally recognized award winning program that teaches the entire commercialization process from research to launch to ensure marketable technology. Graduate students involved in the TI:GER Program receive instruction from business and law professors and practitioners, have assigned business and legal mentors as well as meet with industry representatives at our biannual board meetings.
TI:GER students have a unique skill set to work in product development, innovation and commercialization positions. Whether launching a startup or entering the corporate world, TI:GER prepares students for the career they want.Learn More
- 3rdTI:GERamong cities with most Fortune 500 headquartersFortune 6.2.2014
- $340KTI:GERWon by TI:GER Teams in Business Plan Competitions since 2009
- $15MTI:GERraised by TI:GER alumni companies
- 20%TI:GERTI:GER Alumni Working in a Startup or Have Started Their Own Firm
- 66%TI:GERTI:GER alums planning to start their own company or join a startup
- 20%TI:GERTI:GER projects that have received grant funding
- 22%TI:GERTI:GER PhD research projects that have formed companies
- 24%TI:GERTI:GER research projects with filed patents
- 21%TI:GERTI:GER MBA graduates working in consulting firms
- 77%TI:GERTI:GER alums reporting a positive career impact
- 1st PlaceTI:GERTI:GER teams have won 3 out of 5 business competitions since 2010