Georgia Tech Scheller College of Business honored faculty, students, and staff who exemplify excellence on April 18 at the Fifth Annual Honors Day.
"Now a proud tradition, these awards help to motivate our entire College community to reach greater heights of achievement," says Scheller College of Business Dean Steve Salbu. "Working together, we can fulfill our mission of becoming the world's preeminent school for business and technology."
The support of dedicated alumni enabled endowment of these annual awards.
This year, faculty award winners include:
- Florin Niculescu, assistant professor of information technology management, who won the Brady Family Award for Faculty Research Excellence.
- Manpreet Hora, assistant professor of operations management, who won the Brady Family Award for Faculty Teaching Excellence.
- D.J. Wu, associate professor of information technology management, who won the Linda and Lloyd L. Byars Award for Faculty Excellence.
Student award winners include:
- Damaris Rodriguez, a senior management major, who won the John R. Battle Award for Student Excellence.
- Andrew Currie, a junior management major, who won the Dow Chemical – P.C. McCutcheon Prize for Outstanding Student Achievement.
- Courtney Simmonds, a senior management major, who won the Jennifer R. and Charles B. Rewis Award for Student Excellence in Accounting.
- Michelle B. Mabery, a first-year MBA student, who won the Dean's Prize for Full-time MBA Student Excellence.
- Brian Edgerton, a second-year MBA student, who won the Dean's Prize for Full-time MBA Student Excellence.
- Micah McLain and Michael Kim, who won the Dean's Prize for Evening MBA Student Excellence.
- Zoey Chen, a PhD candidate in marketing; and Lori Shefchik, a PhD candidate in accounting. They shared the Ashford Watson Stalnaker Memorial Prize for Student Excellence.
Staff award winners include:
- Ann Scott, director of graduate programs, who won the Verlander Family Award for Staff Excellence.
- Lindsay Green, undergraduate academic advisor, who won the Stephen P. Zelnak Jr. Award for Staff Excellence.
Most awards included $5,000. They were presented during a formal luncheon at the Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center. The event also recognized past winners of the business school's Alumni Awards as well as the holders and benefactors of scholarships, fellowships, and endowed chairs and professorships.