The Chambless Wilberne McGill Perseverance Prize recognizes an undergraduate College of Business junior or senior for overcoming an extreme hardship during their time at Georgia Tech.
Students must submit a personal statement describing the hardship and its effect on their Georgia Tech experience.
Deadline: February 22, 2016 at 4 p.m.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A current Georgia Tech undergraduate College of Business student
- Any business concentration
- 2.5 or higher cumulative GPA
- Junior or Senior (60 or more earned credit hours including AP, IB and transfer credit) at time of application process.
- Demonstration of having overcome extreme hardship as a Tech student.
There are two steps to apply:
- Complete and submit the scholarship application form below by 4 p.m. on Monday, February 22, 2016.
- Submit the following two documents via email to by 4 p.m. on Monday, February 22, 2016. Please name all your documents with your first and last name. For instance, your resume would be “John Doe Resume”; your personal statement would be “John Doe Statement.”
- a resume detailing extracurricular activities, leadership and work experience
- a personal statement not exceeding 500 words describing your experience overcoming an extreme hardship during your time at Georgia Tech. Provide detail of how the scholarship would help you in the future.