If the answer to your question is not listed in the FAQ's below, please contact Kristen Norris at .
|Directions, Parking and Accommodations|
- How do I get to the Scheller College of Business?
- View detailed directions and parking.
- How do I get from the airport to the Scheller College?
Many visitors take MARTA (light rail) from the airport. There are two MARTA stations (North Avenue and Midtown) within blocks of the College and there are a variety of hotels and restuarants in the immediate vicinity.
There are many other options for traveling to and from Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport to Midtown Atlanta.
- Are there hotels near campus?
Yes. There are many hotels to choose from near the College of Business and the Georgia Tech campus. Here are several options:(ask for Georgia Tech rates)
Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center (across the street from Scheller College of Business)
800 Spring Street NW, Atlanta, GA 30308
Reservations: 404-347-9440; 800-706-2899
This full service hotel located on the Georgia Tech campus, offers restaurant, bar and room service seven days a week as well as numerous restaurant options just steps away. The hotel also features free wireless internet, fitness center (including indoor pool) and FREE transportation on the Tech Trolley that stops right in front of the hotel. Remember to take your picture with the Ramblin Wreck on display in the lobby!
Ask for the Georgia Tech rate!
Hilton Garden Inn/Homewood Suites (0.5 miles from Scheller College of Business)
97 10th Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30309
Regency Suites Hotel (.3 miles from the Scheller College of Business)
975 West Peachtree St. NW, Atlanta, GA 30309
Renaissance Atlanta Hotel Downtown (.1 mile walk from Scheller College of Business)
866 West Peachtree Street NW Atlanta, GA 30308
Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown / Historic (.5 miles from Scheller College of Business)
1041 West Peachtree Street
Atlanta, GA 30309
- Tell me more about Atlanta!
- Learn more about Atlanta.
|Current Dean and Faculty Merit Scholars|
- How do scholarships affect financial aid?
- Some scholarships do not allow students to receive scholarship in excess of the full cost of attendance. If you are already on a full scholarship prior to receiving another scholarship, your primary scholarship funding may be reduced dollar-for-dollar when the new funding is applied to your account. If you already receive student loans and are awarded a scholarship, the funding may be applied towards paying down your loans, depending on the type of loan. All eligible students are encouraged to apply for scholarships since being recognized as a scholar is an honor that you can list on your resume. Students may view the cost of attendance at www.finaid.gatech.edu.
- What is considered freshman year, sophomore year, etc.?
For the purpose of meeting the requirements to retain the Dean's Scholarship and the Faculty Merit Scholarship, academic years are determined by Georgia Tech credit hours earned. AP, IB and Transfer credit hours will not be included.
- Freshman year is considered the time between 0 and 29 Georgia Tech credit hours earned.
- Sophomore year is considered the time between 30 and 59 Georgia Tech credit hours earned.
- Junior year is considered the time between 60 and 89 Georgia Tech credit hours earned.
- Senior year is considered any time after 91 Georgia Tech credit hours are earned.
- Can the Dean's Scholarship and Faculty Merit Scholarship be used for a study abroad?
Dean's Scholarship and Faculty Merit Scholarships can be used towards study abroads any semester. However, the study abroad must be a GT Study Abroad Program.
- What classes are included in the BSBA core business curriculum?
- Any MGT, Acct or Econ class in considered part of the BSBA core business curriculum.
- Are MGT, Acct, or Econ classes that transfer into Georgia Tech counted in the minimum number of BSBA classes I need to take for the DS and FMS?
Students must complete a minimum number of classes in the BSBA core business curriculum each year in order to retain their scholarship. This minimum is very easy to reach. MGT, Acct and Econ classes that transfer into GT (either as AP, IB or transfer) do not count towards this minimum.
- Assuming all requirements are met, how long will I receive the Dean's Scholarship or Faculty Merit Scholarship?
The Dean's Scholarship and Faculty Merit Scholarship are four year scholarships which are broken down into eight semesters. The eight semesters can be used with the following guidelines:
- The Scholarship must be used towards an undergraduate business degree at Georgia Tech.
- Students have five academic years, or until undergraduate graduation, to use their eight semesters of funding.
- The Scholarship can only be used two out of three semesters during an academic year. An academic year starts fall semester and includes the following spring and summer semester.
- Can I use my Dean's Scholarship or Faculty Merit Scholarship during a summer semester?
Yes, but read carefully.
The Dean's Scholarship and the Faculty Merit Scholarship can only be used two out of three semesters an academic year. An academic year starts fall semester and includes the following spring and summer semester. A student can only use their scholarship during a summer semester, if they did not use it the proceeding fall or spring semester. The choice is up to the student and it is always advised to plan early.