- What is the deadline to apply to Georgia Tech?
The Georgia Tech Office of Undergraduate Admissions handles all applications for Georgia Tech (including the applications for Business Students). Applications must be submitted directly to the Georgia Tech Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
Visit the Office of Undergraduate Admissions to see their list of deadlines
- Do I ever apply directly to the Scheller College of Business?
The Georgia Tech Office of Undergraduate Admissions handles all freshmen and transfer applications to Georgia Tech.
Once you are accepted to Tech, you are accepted into the prestigious Scheller College of Business as well. You never have to reapply to enter the Business School. Simply check your major as "Business Administration" and once accepted by the Office of Admissions, you will begin to be contacted from our office regarding many opportunities for Business students.
If you did not choose Business Administration as your major during the application process you may still change your major. To change your major before you attend freshmen orientation (or FASET), please contact your admission counselor. You can find out who your counselor is by clicking the link below. To learn how to change your major once you are a student, please visit our change of major page.
Contact your Georgia Tech admissions counselor
Change of Major for current GT students
- Which AP scores are accepted by Georgia Tech?
Advanced Placement credit is overseen by the Office of Undergraduate Admission and the Registrar Office.
Visit the Office of Undergraduate Admission website for more information.
- Why should I go to a business school at Georgia Tech?
There are many reasons that students choose business at Tech. Ultimately, one of the best reasons to go to Georgia Tech for your business school is that companies today want graduates who understand how technology can take their organization to the next level. That's why we emphasize using the latest technologies to solve business problems throughout the curriculum. Our high tech trading floor is one example of this.
Beyond our focus of technology weaved throughout the curriculum, there are many reasons to go to a business school at Georgia Tech.
- Our outstanding faculty are consistently recognized by our students for their engaging teaching styles and accessibility.
- Students gain a global perspective through international business classes, study and work abroad, and the international plan.
- Our location and facilities and exceptional. You can visit our building in Tech Square on one of our weekly tours. Or take our virtual tour.
- The Career Development at the Scheller College of Business is extraordinary resulting in the average starting salary of COB graduates to be $50,000. Many students complete the Co-op program, internships, and take part in a Career Class their Junior or Senior year.
The prestigious reputation of Georgia Tech and the Social Opportunities on campus make the Scheller College of Business at Georgia Tech a great place to be.
Why Business at Georgia Tech
- What is it like being on an urban campus?
Georgia Tech is a residential campus in an urban setting.
When you walk around, Georgia Tech feels like a traditional campus, with many areas secluded from the hustle and bustle of city life. However, when you are on the indoor track on the 5th floor of the Campus Recreation Center (CRC), you see how connected we are to Atlanta. The beautiful view reveals the downtown Atlanta skyline, the Georgia Dome, the Coca-Cola building, the Omni, the Aquarium, and Atlantic Station and Buckhead, two booming business centers in Atlanta.
A residential setting with hundreds of acres of green space in an urban environment has many benefits. Students can live on campus while working in midtown Atlanta at their internship or co-ops. Some students event take a class or two while working. You are still a student while interning or co-oping, so you can continue to participate in student organizations or utilize the health center and the CRC. The campus is well-populated during the summer as well, as students take classes, intern locally, take advantage of opportunities in the city and stay involved in student life.
Students make time to enjoy many cultural and social events in Atlanta at venues such as The Fox Theatre, The Atlanta Ballet, Fernbank Museum, The High Museum, and the Aquarium.