The Technological Innovation: Generating Economic Results (TI:GER®) program is a unique approach to preparing students for the challenges of commercializing new technologies and delivering innovative products to the marketplace.
TI:GER combines classroom instruction, team-based activities, and real world consulting projects into a total educational experience. Whether the student's objective is to work in a university, a new venture, or a corporate setting, TI:GER participants address the multidisciplinary issues that are a part of technology commercialization.
Program funding is provided by a variety of sources including the Alan and Mildred Peterson Foundation, the Hal and John Smith Chair in Entrepreneurship, and others.
Our connections to global business and startup communities give you access to a unique experiential learning opportunity that will broaden your scope of learning, hone leadership skills, and provide access to business and legal mentors.Learn More
TI:GER is a nationally recognized award winning program that teaches the entire commercialization process from research to launch to ensure marketable technology. Graduate students involved in the TI:GER Program receive instruction from business and law professors and practitioners, have assigned business and legal mentors as well as meet with industry representatives at our biannual board meetings.
TI:GER students have a unique skill set to work in product development, innovation and commercialization positions. Whether launching a startup or entering the corporate world, TI:GER prepares students for the career they want.Learn More
- 3rdBusiness Analyticsamong cities with most Fortune 500 headquartersFortune 6.2.2014
- $140KTI:GERwon by TI:GER teams in business plan competitions since 2009
- $7MTI:GERraised by TI:GER alumni companies
- 20%TI:GERTI:GER alums working in a startup or have started their own firm
- 66%TI:GERTI:GER alums planning to start their own company or join a startup
- 20%TI:GERTI:GER projects that have received grant funding
- 22%TI:GERTI:GER PhD research projects that have formed companies
- 24%TI:GERTI:GER research projects with filed patents
- 21%TI:GERTI:GER MBA graduates working in consulting firms
- 77%TI:GERTI:GER alums reporting a positive career impact
- 1st PlaceTI:GERTI:GER teams have won 3 out of 5 business competitions since 2010